(BEGC 131) Individual & Society Solved Assignment 2020-21, Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of the present session for BEGC–102 Programme in Hindi for the year 2020-21. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. They don’t got to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this article only.
Candidates got to download the IGNOU Assignments for appearing within the Term conclude Examination.
(BEGC 131) Individual & Society Solved Assignment 2020-21
retort all the questions in this assignment.
1. Read the following passage & answer the questions below.
Trees are vital for life on earth. They give us oxygen, store carbon, stabilise the soil & give life to the world’s wildlife. They also provide us with the materials for tools & shelter.Not only are trees essential for life, but as the longest living species on earth, they give us a link between the past, present & future. It is critical that woodlands, rainforests & trees in urban settings, such as parks, are preserved & sustainably managed across the world.
The canopies of trees act as a physical filter, trapping dust & absorbing pollutants from the air. Each individual tree removes up to 1.7 kilos of pollutants every year. They also provide shade from solar radiation & reduce noise. Trees absorb carbon dioxide as they grow & the carbon that they store in their wood helps slow the rate of global warming.
They reduce wind speeds & cool the air as they lose moisture & reflect heat upwards from their leaves. It is estimated that trees can reduce the temperature in a city by up to 7°C. Trees also help prevent flooding & soil erosion, absorbing thousands of litres of stormwater.
Trees host complex microhabitats. When young, they offer habitation & food to large communities of birds, insects, lichen & fungi. When ancient, their trunks also provide the hollow cover needed by species such as bats, woodboring beetles, owls & woodpeckers. One mature tree can be home to as many as 500 different species.
Research shows that within minutes of being surrounded by trees & green space, your blood pressure drops, your heart rate slows & your stress levels come down. Soon, for the first time in history, the number of people living in cities will outstrip those living in the countryside. Parks & trees will become an even more vital component of urban life. We must respect them & protect them for the future.
1. Give four reasons why woodlands, rainforests & trees should be sustainably managed across the world.
2. How do trees reduce pollution?
3. This passage states that trees “host complex microhabitats.” define this statement.
4. How do trees slow the rate of global warming?
5. Give this passage a suitable title.
6. utilize the following words in sentences of your own:
2. Match the words in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
Column A Column B
1. Remedial Something that breaks easily
2. Recuperative Pertaining to the study of population
3. Fragile Avoid
4. Flamboyant That which cannot be overcome
5. Biodiversity A trip on a ship or boat taken for pleasure
6. Appare l Wide variety of plant & animal species
7. Cruise Clothes
8. Demographic Helping someone to get better after an illness
9. Insurmountable Correcting something that has been done wrong
10. Shirk Loud & flashy
3. Complete the following sentences with the correct article.
1. Sanskrit is ____ ancient language.
2. Copper is ___ useful metal.
3. Varanasi is ______ holy city.
4. Which is _______ longest river in India?
5. He went out without taking ____ umbrella.
4. Complete the following sentences with the correct prepositions:
1. The boy is afraid — the dog.
2. The bus departs ____ 5 pm today.
3. William Shakespeare was born ____ England.
4. Only graduates are eligible ____ the post.
5. My sister excels ___ dancing.
6. There is no exception __ this rule.
7. I am tired ___ walking.
8. This a matter ____ national importance.
9. My mother is fond ____ classical music.
10. The teacher was not satisfied ____ the student’s explanation.
5. Rewrite the following sentences as directed:
1. The earth ______ (move) round the sun. (Complete with the correct form of the word in brackets)
2. If I were the health minister, I _____ (spend) more money on building hospitals. (Complete with the correct form of the word in brackets)
3. We should try our best to preserve the traditions ___ (hand) down to us by our ancestors. (Complete with the correct form of the word in brackets)
4. The artist drew a beautiful portrait of the dancer. (change into passive voice)
5. Hamlet was written by Shakespeare. (change into active voice).
6. You have been asked to speak to a youth group on the topic:
‘Maintaining a healthy lifestyle during lockdown’. Write out the speech in around 250 words.
7.Write an essay (around 250 words) on the topic:
Conserving water: what individuals & societies can do.
8. You would like your friend to join you on a trip to a historical monument in your locality. Write out a dialogue (in around 200 words) between your friend & you where you try to convince him / her to join you.
(BEGC 131) Individual & Society Solved Assignment 2020-21 All those candidates can submit their IGNOU Assignments to the coordinator of your nearest IGNOU Study Centre that has been alloted to you during the time of IGNOU Admission.
IGNOU Assignments Guidelines
Aims (BEGC 131) Individual & Society Solved Assignment 2020-21 This assignment cares mainly with assessing your application & your understanding of the course material. you’re to not reproduce chunks of data from the course material but to use the talents of critical appreciation that you simply may have acquired during the course of study. This assignment aims to show also on assess your performance.
Guidelines: There are three sections – Section A, B & C, you’re required to aim all questions in your own words & hand written Assignments should be submitted on time.
Instructions: (BEGC 131) Individual & Society Solved Assignment 2020-21 Before attempting the questions please read the subsequent instructions carefully. As in day-to-day life, planning is vital in attempting the assignment also . Read the assignment carefully; undergo the units on which the questions are based; jot some points regarding each question then re-arrange them during a logical order. within the essay-type answer, concentrate to your introduction & conclusion. The introduction must tell you ways to interpret the given topic & the way you plan to develop it. The conclusion must summarize your views on the subject . Once you’re satisfied together with your answers, you’ll write down the ultimate version for submission, writing each answer neatly & underlining the points you would like to stress . you ought to submit the assignment in your own handwriting.
Last Date for Submission of Assignment:
· For June Examination: 31st March
· For December Examination: 30th September
IGNOU Assignment Status 2020-21
(BEGC 131) Individual & Society Solved Assignment 2020-21, Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. along side assignment status, they will also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is often available in a web mode. After submitting the assignment, you’ll check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. it’d take 40 days to declare.
Here the scholars can check their IGNOU Assignment Status, marks, result or both the sessions i.e; June & December.
Once the TEE assignments are submitted to the Centres, it’s send to the evaluation department. After which the evaluation of IGNOU Assignment Solutions takes place.